Preparation :- Chole Bhature
To make Bhatura:
- Take maida flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add sooji to it.
- Add baking pwd, sugar and salt. Combine well.
- Add yoghurt and mix well.
- Knead to smooth dough.
- Cover it with damp cloth and allow to rest for 3 to 4 hrs.
- After the resting time, you can see the dough is more soft, moist and slightly rised.
- Apply little maida flour ( to avoid sticking ) to hands and knead well.
- Divide the dough to equal sized balls.
- Roll it to big sized poori.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed wok.
- Gently drop the rolled poori in hot oil.
- Wait till it puffs up and flip it to other side.
- Deep fry until it turs golden & crisp on both sides.
Make Chhole Masala:
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaf & cinnamon stick
- Sauté till it crackles.
- Add finely chopped onion and cook till its golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add mashed tomatoes and cook for two minutes.
- Now add chhole masala pwd and stir well.
- Add red chilly pwd and salt.
- Cover and cook in low medium flame for 6 to 7 mins.
- You can see the oil separates out from the gravy.
- Now add the soaked chana / chickpeas.
- Mix it very well.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 6 to 7 whistle or till the chana is cooked tender.
- Spicy and thick Chhole Masala is ready.
- Squeeze few drops of lemon juice and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve hot with fried crispy Bhature.
Ingredients For Bhatur:
- Maida/ All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Rava / Sooji - ¼ cup
- Baking pwd - ¼ tsp
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Yoghurt - ½ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Chana / Chole - 1 cup
- Oil - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Bay leaf - 1 or 2
- Cinnamon - 1
- Onion - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Tomato mashed - 1 cup
- Chhole masala pwd - 1 ½ tbsp
- Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste